How to Request an Extension of Incomplete

Petition for Extension of Incomplete form

Students with an incomplete on their record who are unable to complete the required work by the deadline due to extenuating circumstances and are interested in requesting an extension should carefully review the university policies governing incompletes in section AP.3.3 Additional Grade Notations of the University Catalog.

Students should fill out the Petition for Extension of Incomplete form and arrange a meeting with their professor.  Once the professor approves the extension and agrees upon a new due date, the signed form should be forwarded to the CHSS Office of Graduate Academic Affairs. 

If approved by the Dean, the form will be sent to the Registrar’s Office for final processing.  The form must be received by the Registrar’s Office before the original deadline for submitting the final grade.