Application Requirements for All Graduate Students
All applicants for graduate study at George Mason University must submit the materials below. See web pages to left for more information on additional requirements of specific programs and for more detailed information on the requirements below.
All supporting materials except for official transcripts are uploaded within the online application as Word documents or .pdf's.
- Completed online Application for Graduate Study
- Nonrefundable application fee
- Application for Virginia In-State Tuition Rates, if claiming entitlement to these rates
- Unofficial copies of transcript(s) from previous institution(s) attended (uploaded via online application).
- Goals statement (uploaded via online application).
- The names and email addresses (via the online application) of the individuals who will be submitting the letters of recommendation as required by the program.
- Official test scores such as GRE or GMAT sent directly from testing agency, if required by your program. Standardized Tests.
- Other materials specified by the program, which may include departmental forms, writing sample, portfolio, or interview. Links to application requirements by program.
If you completed your undergraduate degree outside the U.S., see link below to International Graduate Admission Requirements.
Graduate Certificate Students
Applicants to graduate certificate programs should also read the web page Applying to a Graduate Certificate.