University Requirements for all Graduate Certificates
Candidates must satisfy all applicable university requirements and all requirements established by the graduate certificate program faculty. Note that the following are university minimum requirements; individual programs may have higher standards and/or more restrictive requirements.
- Graduate certificate programs require a minimum of 12 graduate credits.
- Only graduate courses may apply toward the graduate certificate.
- A maximum of 3 graduate credits taken at another institution can be transferred into a graduate certificate program.
- Candidates must have a minimum GPA of 3.00 in course work presented on the certificate application, which may include no more than 3 credits of C. (Grades of C+, C-, and D do not apply to graduate courses.) The GPA calculation excludes transfer credits.
- Certificate students are subject to graduate termination and dismissal policies.
See the Academic Policies chapter of the University Catalog for all other university requirements and policies, including polcies for transfer of credit and for students in master’s or doctoral programs also pursuing graduate certificates.
This information is from the Academic Policies chapter of the University Catalog 2013-2014. The catalog is the official statement of all university policies.