Tips for a Successful Mason Core Course Submission
All Mason Core course submissions must be entered into Courseleaf. If you do not have access to the Courseleaf system, please contact Jill Bowen (email@example.com).
- It is not uncommon for the Mason Core Committee to return a course for revisions. Submitting courses as early as possible can increase the likelihood that the course is approved in the semester desired.
- A new course must be fully approved and in Banner prior to being submitted for any Mason Core category. Review and approvals for each type of submission are done monthly.
- Title/description changes for a current course should be submitted and approved prior to the course being submitted for a Mason Core category. Review and approvals for each type of submission are done monthly.
- Each submission needs the appropriate proposal worksheet and a syllabus which explicitly states which Mason Core category is met and includes the category's learning outcomes.
- A course may fulfill up to 2 Mason Core Exploration categories.
- The Mason Core course designation is effective in the semester in which it is approved. Temporary exceptions to this are the Global Contexts, Just Society, and Mason Apex categories which start in academic year 2024-2025.