How to Apply to a CHSS Graduate Program
Applications to graduate programs in the Humanities and Social Sciences are processed by the College of Humanities and Social Sciences Graduate Admissions Office.
For the most successful application experience, we encourage you to follow these steps:
√ Review Application Requirements
Explore our graduate programs and learn more about the application process. Consider:
- Are you eligible to be considered for graduate study at Mason? What are the university's academic standards?
- What is the application deadline? Does the program accept applications for spring?
- How many letters of recommendation are required?
- Does the program have specific instructions for preparing the goals statement?
- Are standardized test scores like the GRE required? When are tests offered? Does the department accept scores from tests taken years ago?
- Do you hold international academic credentials? If so, review the admissions requirements for international students. You may be required to submit additional documentation to complete your application.
√ Apply by the Deadline
- Submit your application online on or before the deadline. Departments may not review applications submitted after the deadline.
√ Submit Official Documents
- Request official transcripts sent to the correct address -- The Graduate Admissions Office, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, College Hall C119, George Mason University, 4400 University Drive, MS 2D2, Fairfax, VA 22030-4444.
- Submit official transcripts.
- Inform our office of alternate names.
Your application will not be forwarded to the department for academic review until it is complete. Your application is not complete until all required documents have been submitted.
Graduate Certificate Students
Applicants to graduate certificate programs should refer to "Applying to a Graduate Certificate".
Applicants for non-degree graduate study apply online. Information about Non-degree study.
Resources: Applying to a CHSS Graduate Program