Pre-Award Research Administration
The Pre-Award Research Administration Team assists researchers in submitting applications for external grants, contracts, and fellowships, as the university continues to transition central research administration services from the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) to CHSS.
Start the process by submitting the CHSS Pre-Award Request for Assistance Form, and check out our services below!
- Direct support to Principal Investigators (PIs) and coordination with OSP.
- Develop checklist for proposal submission (NIH, NSF, and NEH checklists also available tailored for each solicitation).
- Provide administrative review of proposal submission.
- Assist with budget and budget justification.
- Assist with current and pending.
- Template language for ancillary documents for grants available upon request.
- Enter proposal information into Mason's RAMP and sponsor portal.
- Review and check application prior to submission to meet sponsor guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and sponsor regulations.
*Faculty outreach and funding conversations - coming in 2023.
Important Timeline Considerations
- Proposals are to be submitted to CHSS 6 business days before sponsor deadline for departmental review.
- Proposals are to be submitted to OSP 4 business days prior to submission.