Resources for Staff
The Finance and HR office assists the dean in managing the college budget of approximately $70 million and in hiring and tracking faculty and staff. We act as liaison between the Mason central offices such as the Budget Office/Fiscal Services/Provost Office/Human Resources and our college academic departments and programs.
- Provide data and expertise to manage overall CHSS budget. Approve travel and food and beverage expenditures.
- Assist PI's with grant fiscal management issues.
- Clarify and communicate fiscal policies and deadlines.
- Process faculty and administrative faculty hires.
- Coordinate hiring of adjuncts, graduate lecturers, and graduate assistants as well as payment of tuition and fellowships for students.
- Approve and communicate HR transactions such as funding changes, leaves of absence, special payments, wage assignments, adjunct assignments.
- Manage renewal of contracts, study leaves, track tenure status.
- Clarify and communicate human resource policies and deadlines.