In late fall 2020, the dean’s office sent a survey to all CHSS classified and non-student wage staff to gather information regarding professional development opportunities historically provided for staff across the college. In an effort to analyze survey feedback and determine potential steps forward, Dean Ann Ardis requested nominations from the college’s staff and administrative faculty to form a CHSS staff professional development working group, chaired by Jenna McGwin, CHSS associate director for operations and initiatives. The college gratefully received many nominations. The working group members are:
- Anna Burcham, office manager for the Department of Sociology and Anthropology
- Dawn Cassidy, operations manager for the CHSS development and alumni relations team
- Sharon Corradino, office manager for the Department of Criminology, Law and Society
- David Gibson, senior academic affairs coordinator in the CHSS Undergraduate Academic Affairs office
- Holly Mason, graduate program coordinator and fiscal manager in the Department of English
- Jenna McGwin, associate director for operations and initiatives in the CHSS dean’s office
- Joan Mlotkowski, HR coordinator in the CHSS dean’s office
- Michael Washburn, grants analyst in the CHSS dean’s office
A kick-off meeting has been scheduled for Friday, March 5. The group looks forward to beginning their work on this important initiative and will share more information on their work in the coming months.
If you have questions in the meantime, please reach out to Jenna McGwin directly at email@example.com.
February 27, 2021