Graduation Activities for the College of Humanities and Social Sciences
It's Your Time, Class of 2023!
Congratulations, CHSS graduates!
George Mason University holds its University Commencement on Thursday, May 18, 2023, at 10 a.m., in EagleBank Arena. The College of Humanities and Social Sciences holds two Degree Celebrations for our graduating students later that day:
- A celebration for students receiving degrees in the humanities or interdisciplinary programs (May 18, 2023, 2:30 p.m.)
- A celebration for students receiving degrees in the social sciences (May 18, 2023; 6:30 p.m.)
Both degree celebration ceremonies take place in the EagleBank Arena and will be streamed on GMU-TV. No tickets are required.
During the college's degree celebrations, the names of graduating students are read as they cross the stage. Students are congratulated by the dean and department chair and have their pictures taken by a professional photographer. The events will feature guest speakers and the Green Machine Pep Band.
See the links at right to learn more about each of these events.
Bachelor's and Master's students WILL NOT be individually recognized at University Commencement but will stand with others by major. The university website has more information about Commencement.
See below to learn:
- which degree celebration you should attend
- what participating students need to know
- how to request accommodations for those with disabilities
- how to get to campus, where to park, what hotels are nearby
We look forward to seeing all of our graduates, their families, and friends at our upcoming celebrations!