This seed funding emerged as one of the recommendations from the ARIE Research Working Group and is funded by the ARIE Task Force. This funding will support research, scholarship, and creative activities addressing the myriad issues on the theme of anti-racism and inclusive excellence.
Two tiers of funding will be available:
- Up to $25,000
- Up to $50,000
The ARIE Task Force anticipates funding a total of 4-8 projects.
Successful proposals should:
- Have a strategy for ensuring that the research, scholarship and creative activity project meaningfully addresses anti-racism and inclusive excellence
- Produce deliverables designed to foster a culture of anti-racism, diversity and inclusive excellence within and beyond Mason
- Include for a support structure (funding and mentoring) for students
- Engage a diverse team of faculty and students within and across disciplines
- Propose projects that can be completed in 12-18 months. Awardees are expected to present at the September 2024 Annual ARIE Conference
Proposals should be sent as a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59 pm on June 30, 2022.
PLEASE NOTE: A Q&A will be held on Wednesday, May 18, 2022 12:00-1:30 pm. The link to the Zoom meeting is https://gmu.zoom.us/j/92242188578. Please feel free to send questions in advance to email@example.com.
For more information, including the recording of the May 18, 2022 session, please visit here
April 27, 2022