The integrative studies degree at Mason allows you to gain in-depth knowledge in a wide range of subjects while gaining practical, career-motivated experience. Through the degree, offered by New Century College, you will work with our experienced, award-winning faculty in discussion-oriented courses and a variety of out-of-classrooom experiences.
You will also play an active role in your education as you work with our academic advisors in selecting courses most appropriate to your academic plans and career objectives.
The program offers you a quality, small-college experience with access to all the academic resources of a large research university. It has an innovative curriculum designed to connect the classroom to the world. Integrative studies students take classes in multiple subjects and disciplines, concentrating in one of many different areas.
All students have opportunities for research, global-engagement, public service, and career preparation.
- Explore other cultures by studying abroad. Read more >>
- Do a service learning project in a local hospital or homeless shelter. Read more >>
- Participate in Alternative Break. Read more >>
- Gain on-the-job experience with an internship. Our students have interned with many places including those below. More about internships >>
- the Department of State and Congressional offices
- the National Zoo and the Washington Redskins
- media outlets
- hospitals and care facilities