Explore D.C. with CHSS
- This is a carefully designed distance education program based upon our 30+ years of experience in operating a successful TESL certificate program on campus.
- This is a unique program that equips students with both the linguistic tools and thepedagogical tools to teach adults ESL, stressing the relationship between theory and practice.
- The courses allow both asynchronous and synchronous types of instruction. Students work individually and in groups, and they develop valuable associations with various ESL teaching institutes.
- All courses are internationally accredited and can be used toward completing Mason’s face-to-face MA in English with a concentration in Linguistics.
- Our TESL certificate is recognized to allow students to teach ESL nationally and internationally in adult continuing education and community college environments.
- This certificate program is available fully online and may be pursued on a part-time or full-time basis. Students can earn the TESL certificate in as little as two semesters!