Term Faculty Development Grants
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences is committed to engaging all of its full-time teaching faculty in both curriculum development and professional development related to teaching.
Individual faculty members with continuing term appointments may apply. Consultation with your unit head is required prior to applying.
- Up to $5000
- Priority will be given to candidates who have not been funded through this internal grant program within the last three years
- Independent research related to teaching assignments
- Development of teaching skills through seminars and workshops
- Summer stipend related to support the enhancements to existing courses or to support new courses
- Expenses related to the enhancements to existing courses or to support new courses
- One-page request from the term faculty member that outlines and justifies the request, and shows both its intrinsic value and its relationship to the faculty member’s current or proposed teaching assignment in CHSS.
- CV – maximum 5 pages
- Confidential recommendation from unit head that addresses the project and its relevance to the term faculty member’s current teaching assignment in CHSS.
- Budget request with explanation for each item. (If your budget includes wages or faculty stipends, include 7.5% fringe benefits.)
- Applications due February 1 for projects starting July 1, 2021 or later.
- Applications will be reviewed by the CHSS Faculty Assembly Senior Leadership Committee as well as the Associate Dean, Faculty Affairs & Strategic Initiatives, and the Dean
- Results will be announced by April 1.
- Both the chair’s recommendation and the faculty’s application are to be submitted electronically to the CHSS Dean's Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Faculty receiving an award are required to submit a report of their activities to the CHSS Dean’s Office (email@example.com) by September 1 of the year following the allocation of funds.