Which Degree Celebration is for You?
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences hosts two degree celebration ceremonies each May. You should attend the event for your major or program. See the list below. If you are graduating in December, you will walk across the stage at the university's Winter Graduation ceremony.
See links to right for more about the spring degree celebrations.
Humanities and Interdisciplinary Programs Degree Celebration
- Art History (BA, MA)
- Communication (BA, MA, PhD)
- Community College Education (DA)
- Creative Writing (BFA, MFA)
- Cultural Studies (PhD)
- English (BA, MA)
- Environmental and Sustainability Studies (BA)
- Foreign Languages (BA, MA)
- Global Affairs (BA, MA)
- History (BA, MA, PhD)
- Individualized Study (BIS)
- Integrative Studies (BA, BS)
- Interdisciplinary Studies (MAIS)
- Latin American Studies (BA)
- Linguistics (PhD)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies (MA)
- Philosophy (BA, MA)
- Religious Studies (BA)
- Russian and Eurasian Studies (BA)
- Russian Studies (BA)
- School of Integrative Studies (BA, BS)
- Writing and Rhetoric (PhD)
The School of Integrative Studies (SIS) will hold a separate celebration on Wednesday, May 15, at 10 a.m., in the Center for the Arts. SIS graduates are also welcome to take part in the college's Humanities and Interdisciplinary Programs degree celebration.
Social Sciences Degree Celebration
- Anthropology (BA, MA)
- Criminology, Law and Society (BA, BS, MA, PhD)
- Economics (BA, BS, MA, PhD)
- Psychology (BA, BS, MA, PhD)
- Sociology (BA, MA, PhD)