College Degree Celebration Information for All Students
Congratulations on your graduation from the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at George Mason University! We invite all spring graduates and bachelor's and master's degree summer graduates, as well as their families and friends, to attend the college's degree celebration on May 10, 2024, at 2:30 p.m. in the EagleBank Arena. Students completing their degree requirements in the fall, and doctoral candidates graduating in the summer, are invited to attend the university's winter graduation.
Doctoral candidates should plan to attend the University Commencement ceremony, where students will be individually recognized, hooded by their advisor, and photographed on stage.
Tickets will be required for the Degree Celebration in EagleBank Arena.
Info for Participating Students
All guests attending the Degree Celebration in EagleBank Arena will require a ticket. Digital ticketing will utilize the EagleBank Arena ticketing system. More information will be shared with students at a later date. Doors will open one hour prior to the start of the Degree Celebration ceremony. It is advisable to arrive at that time.
Please note: Guests without a Degree Celebration seating ticket for EagleBank Arena can watch a live stream of the ceremony in Dewberry Hall in the Johnson Center. No tickets are required.
All individuals attending graduation ceremonies, including graduates, faculty, staff, and guests will be subject to security screening.
Caps and Gowns
Students participating in a degree celebration or commencement need to wear a cap and gown. See the university's graduation page for information on purchasing your cap, gown, and other items.
A Note to Doctoral Candidates
All doctoral candidates will be individually recognized and hooded by their advisor at the University Commencement ceremony.
- All graduates are required to wear a cap and gown. Regalia may be rented through the bookstore.
- All graduates and their guests will be required to go through security screening. Arriving early helps to ensure you walk on time. There is no secure place to leave valuables.
- Tickets are required by all guests at the EagleBank Arena.
- Line up by degree in the EagleBank Arena Parking Lot A dressed in your cap and gown one hour before start time.
- Fill out a reader card with your name and add a phonetic spelling if necessary.
- The ceremony will last approximately two hours. At the end of the Degree Celebration ceremony, the grand marshal, platform party, and faculty will recess through the center aisle. Following the recessional, the ceremony will officially conclude, and graduates will be released by rows by the marshal.
Questions about the College Degree Celebration?
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All students are encouraged to attend the University Commencement.