Visa and Residency

Most international students must provide documents relating to visa and/or residency status.  These documents are not part of the academic application reviewed by the admissions committee, but can be required to enroll at Mason.

The required documents vary depending on your situation.  Documents include:

  • Certificate of Financial Responsibility
  • Evidence of Sufficient Funds (an original bank state in your name or your sponsor's name)
  • Copy of the identification page of your passport
  • Copy of current I-20
  • Copy of United States student visa
  • Copy of I-94
  • Copy of permanent residency card

For an explanation of the university's policies and requirements relating to the application process for international graduate applicants, please see the Admissions International Applicants page.

For more information about study at Mason and international student resources, please visit the Office of International Programs and Services (OIPS).  OIPS is a post-admissions office. Once you are admitted to a full-time program of study, you may contact this office to ask questions about appropriate immigration documentation.