International Academic Credentials

If you earned your academic degree at an international institution, you will need to provide

  • Official transcripts sent from the issuing institutions;
  • In some cases, official degree certificates or diplomas sent from the issuing institutions showing the conferral of degree.
  • Official translations of all documents not issued in English.

Mason's international degree office will evaluate the transcripts as part of the application process. International evaluations prepared by the Mason international evaluation office are the property of George Mason University.

In lieu of the Mason international evaluation, applicants may choose to submit

  • An official international degree evaluation from a credential evaluation agency approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO).  World Education Services (WES) provides a package called the WES ICAP that includes transcript delivery and permanent storage of records.

A complete explanation of the university's policies and procedures for submitting international academic credentials can be found in the International Transcript Submission Guidelines.