I am very happy to anounce that Chris Chen is our new CHSS Assistant Finance Director, effective immediately. Chris has done an outstnding job as Budget Analyst for the college for 18 months and is already deply involved in many of the functions and issues she will tackle in her new role. Chris has an undergraduate degree in Business and two graduate degrees. I know that she will be successful and I am delighted to promote her to this new position. Lee Clark will continute to work part time while we recruit for the Budget Analyst postion.
FY 2010 Year End Deadlines
The following deadlines are coming up soon:
|Purchases beween $2,000 and $30,000||Submit by||April 26, 2010|
Small Purchase Credit Card
|Charged by||May 14, 2010|
Please take a look at the complete list of year-end deadlines
With the end of the semester fast approaching, please remind all faculty members to submit their travel authorizations well in advance of their travel date. During the summer break it might be more difficult to obtain all necessary signatures.
The deadline to submit travel vouchers to be paid out of this fiscal year is June 15, 2010. Please inform faculty members of this deadline so that the reimbursement vouchers are received in the travel office no later than June 15.
Summer Term Reminders
As Summer is approaching, below are a few reminders for the Summer Term hiring:
1. The Summer Office will do an upload for CHSS departments. Their procedure will remain the same as last year.
2. The Summer Office has sent out the Budget and Enrollment Report (BER, in hard copy) to Department Chairs for review and correction. If you have not seen one, please check with your Department Chair or look in his/her mailbox.
3. Deadlines for sending the BER back to the Summer Office: Session A - April 23; Session B: May 14; Session C - June 11.
4. EPAFs will only be required if a faculty member is not included in the upload for any reason or payment adjustments are needed after the upload.
5. Please check "myMason" (mymason.gmu.edu) regularly for any Summer Office news updates. You should be able to see "Summer Scheduling Coordinators" link under "My Organizations." Inside the link through "Documents" tab you can find resources such as: Handout from HR and Summer Term Training, 2010 Summer Processes, 2010 Summer Term Handbook, Summer 2010 Scheduling Memo, and departmental schedules. If you don't have access to this organization link, please contact Cathy Evans.
Fall Semester Uploads
BTS will open in late May/early June for Fall Semester Graduate Assistants/Part-time uploads. Stay tuned for more details and a full schedule.
Please Mark Your Calendars
We have set the date for our summer info session. It will be held during the morning on Thursday, August 5, 2010 in Mason Hall, D3. As always, we appreciate your input on any topics of interest or suggestions on guest speakers.
Did you know that Mason has its very own version of the "Craig's List". Take a look.