Budget Tracking System
The Budget Tracking System (BTS) supports the College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHSS). Functionally, the application has the following features and supports the following business processes:
Click here to access the Budget Tracking System.
- LDAP integration/authentication. There's a multi-tiered security scheme in place that allows system, page, and field level authorizations on a per-user basis by organization.
- People, position, organization maintenance
- Full reporting and data analysis through internally generated PHP reports, Discoverer, TOAD, downloads to Excel, etc.
- Supports hiring Graduate Assistants, Graduate Lecturers, and Adjuncts so that the Banner EA process does not have to be used
- Teaching Load
- Faculty Rosters for budget analysis
- Raise Review (development finished, users are testing now)
- system activity logs
- Leslie Dyre, Director, Finance and HR, CHSS
- Irene Mills, Senior Budget Analyst, CHSS
- Shae Mensch, Budget Analyst, CHSS
- John Creuziger, Web Developer, CHSS/HR
- Others as needed
Project documents to date include:
- A Functional and Process Definition of the original application that has been replaced by BTS.
- A COTS Issues paper.
- An Architecture that provides the foundation for a replacement application. Also included are project risks and assumptions. The architecture was reviewed and approved by the development team in March 2005.
- A Project Plan. The Project Plan was reviewed May 26, 2005. Check back for periodic updates.
- A Specification that describes the project plan and development issues in detail.
- A preliminary Internal Design Document
- Raise Review Specification
- Teaching Load Specification, Nov 12, 2007
- User and training guides explain the business processes and cycles that the application supports
- The Entity Relationship diagram illustrates the database design
- The Internal Design Document explains how the system works
News & Updates
- Posted 11.12.07 -- Raise Review and Teaching Load specifications. See above