Declaring a Minor
If you plan to pursue a minor, you should declare the minor with the Registrar's Office. By declaring the minor, you will be able to receive regular updates from the director about events, courses that can be applied to the minor, and any changes in requirements or policies. Declaring early will help you avoid any problems that may arise prior to graduation.
How to Declare a Minor
- Choose a minor from the list of minors below.
- Complete the Undergraduate Declaration of Minor form and have it signed by the director of the minor.
- Submit the form to the Registrar's Office.
Policies that Apply to All Minors
- The minor must be listed in the same catalog as your major. If the minor isn't in the catalog of your major, you should consult with your advisor to see about changing catalog year. Most minors require 15 or 18 credits, although a few require 21.
- At least 8 credits of the minor must be only applied to the minor and may not be used to fulfill your major, concentration, certificate, or another minor.
- At least 6 credits of the minor must be completed at Mason.
- Students have to have a minimum GPA of 2.00 in the coursework applied to the minor.
- Contact the director of the minor.
College Resources for Minors